Hastings College of the Law Library
400 McAllister St. 4th Floor, San Francisco, CA 94102
General Information: (415) 565-4750
Reference Desk: (415) 565-4751
Access to Library:
Access Policy: http://library.uchastings.edu/about/policies/access.php
- Effective September 15, 2012, closed to the public except for those with a demonstrated need to access to the Federal Depository Collection. Hastings is a Selective Depository for United States government documents and recommends the collection of the SFPL's Government Information Center.
- Open to Hastings alumni whenever it is open. Obtain a visitor pass after presenting ID.
- Open to members of the California Bar whenever it is open, except for during exam periods. Obtain a visitor pass after presenting ID.
- Open to law students from other schools whenever it is open, except for during exam periods.. Obtain a visitor pass after presenting ID.
- UCSF students and faculty may use the library whenever it is open, except for during exam periods. Obtain a visitor pass after presenting ID.
- Borrowing privileges are available to Hastings alumni, active members of the California Bar, and qualified law firms. A refundable deposit is required.
- Government agency libraries with a librarian within the San Francisco Civic Center may borrow without a deposit.
- For rates, requirements, and more information, see http://library.uchastings.edu/about/policies/borrowing.php.
Access to Computers, Wireless Network, and Study Rooms:
- Computer labs are reserved for current Hastings students, faculty, and staff.
- Several public access computers are available to connect to the catalog and non-fee based electronic legal research databases.
- A list of online research databases is available here (please note that each database states whether or not it is restricted to Hastings members only): http://libguides.uchastings.edu/az.php.
- Wireless access is reserved for current Hastings students, faculty, and staff. Hastings alumni may contact the Alumni Center to access the Wireless Network.
- Study rooms are reserved for current Hastings students.